Vallejo City Team
MissionTo act comprehensively to reduce the rates of alcohol, tobacco and other drug (ATOD) use among Vallejo youth.
HistoryThe City Team is an effort of the Solano County Board of Supervisors. The Board of Supervisors established city coalitions to reduce ATOD among youth in the city, thereby reducing the impacts of ATOD on youth countywide. County funding, the coalition’s efforts were initially funded through the Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement in 2001. Since that time, the Solano County Board of Supervisors has repeatedly confirmed its commitment to reduce the rates of use of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs by continuing support for this work.
The City Team is responsible for coordination and collaboration of activities with County, local providers, and coalitions and community groups to address ATOD issues identified by the local community.
The City Team will:
- Facilitate collection of data and prioritize the ATOD issues of greatest concern to local residents
- Apply evidence-based approaches to address the local conditions and risk factors
- Organize and share knowledge and expertise with the community to address priority issues
- Build support and knowledge of local organizations and groups
- Provide communication between other organizations and groups in Vallejo to impact ATOD
- Identify leadership to work on local ATOD issues
Meeting Date and Time: To be determined
Fighting Back Partnership